Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Self-repect

    “Mother, what does self-respect mean?” Yna asked her mother.
    “Self-respect means respect for self,” her mother answered.
   “I know that’s what the word says. But this morning when I told my teacher so, she asked me to explain it further. I didn’t know what to say,” Yna complained.
   “You must learn to explain things,” her mother said. “When you find it hard to explain anything, try to give  examples. Examples help explain things.
   “Will you explain what self-respect means by giving examples, Mother?”
  "Yes, I will. A man has self-respect when he does nothing mean or dishonorable he will be ashamed of. He does only those things which make other people respect and like him because he respects himself.”
   “Thank you, Mother,” said Yna.

No comments:

Post a Comment